FPGA Customer support/ Field Application Engineer
– Can you help us grow Silicom Denmark A/S even further?
Silicom Denmark is growing and is in a positive development stage. In order to strengthen the Customer support, the company is looking for a dedicated Field Application Engineer / Custo- mer supporter, who is passionate about working with our customers and understanding their need to succeed.
This is a unique possibility for a FPGA developer who wants to change the focus from develop- ment to customer support.
Silicom Denmark has a wide range of FPGA based Network interface cards. All cards are based on either Xilinx or Intel PSG FPGAs equipped with different memory technology.
As a new Field Application Engineer / Customer supporter you will be technical lead respon- sible for supporting the customer´s integration of our FPGA technology into their solutions.
Your primary task:
- Supporting customer to getting started with our FPGA based Network cards
- Troubleshooting and debugging when everything is not working out of the box
- Improvement of our customer documentation in cooperation with our tech writer
- In cooperation with Product Management and R&D defining what is required to support our customers
- You will be working close with HW, SW and FPGA Engineers in our R&D to get the right answers for our customers
You will have a lot of direct contact with our customers’ development departments, helping their engineers to perform. We are an international company with customers spread across the globe, so travel may occur rarely.
Your profile includes:
- Comfortable working with both Vivado and/or Quartus tools and understand the development flow
- Deep understanding of the complexed FPGA technology
- Proven FPGA development track record
- Knowledge of different network connectivity and memory technology and how to utilize these with an FPGA
- Understanding of high speed digital HW designs
- Self-motivating and can take ownership of tasks, including driving and following up on them
- You are comfortable speaking and writing English
You will on a daily basis have the possibility to contribute to the improvement of our custo- mer satisfaction. You will be working with our colleagues in Israel to support HW being developed in cooperation between the two teams in Denmark and Israel.
The position refers to the VP of HW Product Management, and you will be a part of a dedica- ted, international team with a high level of professionalism. Silicom Denmark has an innova- tive, motivating and dynamic development environment, where you will have the opportunity to gain influence and work with the newest technology. Silicom Denmark is characterized by a flat structure and open culture, and the position involves a close collaboration with sales, Product Management and R&D.
The ideal candidate is inspired by the customer contact and has an engineering background (candidate- or bachelor degree) combined with minimum 2 years of experience as a FPGA developer within the electronic industry, e.g. datacom or telecom. Experience with customer support is an advantage but not a requirement.
How to apply:
Please send your application to SelsøeJuncker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
As we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible, we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis.
For further information:
Please contact SelsøeJuncker (email@example.com)
About Silicom Denmark :
Silicom Denmark A/S, formerly Fiberblaze A/S, located in Søborg Denmark, is a Danish IT- and
Datacom company founded in 2008. In 2014 Fiberblaze was acquired by Silicom Ltd. and is
now a fully owned subsidiary. All Silicom Denmark’s development is driven and controlled out of
our office in Denmark.
Silicom Denmark is a significant international OEM supplier of FPGA based high performance
Network Interface Cards for the Financial, Telecommunication and Cyber Security sectors. The
growth is fueled by Silicom Denmark’s ability to provide solutions matching customer
requirements, from unconfigured hardware platforms to fully configured solutions.
Silicom Denmark’s portfolio includes Capture and Financial solutions within the range of 1 –
100Gb/s, unconfigured network cards as well as IP Cores for FPGAs and ASICs.
In Silicom Denmark you will join app. 30 dedicated colleagues in a flat informal organization with
fast decision-making processes. The environment is very dynamic and characterized by
innovation, a pioneering spirit and cooperation. The company culture is a “we culture” where
everyone pitches in to influence projects and daily schedules. You will have the freedom to do
your own planning, and you will be a part of a hardworking team that also takes the time to have